8.15.2008

w.r. weekend...

As I was looking though a few knottie bios this week, I found a Wish Jar idea that I love (pics courtesy of knottie mauiluv). This would be in addition to our signature mat. I love the idea of having these little advice/wish cards after the wedding and placing them in an album to reflect on through the years. Her particular idea may have pulled me in more because we share the same married initial. I love that the embosser (from horchow) is something that I can order and then use forever:

The frame will have the following poem (from knottie danigirl715):

From each of your experiences come a very precious gift, a piece of well earned knowledge that we didn’t know exists…
Please share with us your wisdom about marriage, love & life, how to be a caring husband and what makes the perfect wife…
Please write down your reflections and your valuable insights, for the greatest gift of all to us is the gift of your advice.
We look forward to reading your warm thoughts and good wishes.
With sincere thanks from the new Mr. and Mrs.

or this one - short and sweet:

Please leave us a note, please drop us a line, add advice on marriage, to stand the test of time.

FI and I have lots of things on the wedding related to-do list this weekend starting with someone else's wedding tonight! I haven't been to a wedding in just over two years (and those friends are now expecting their first child!). So, I'm looking forward to tonight's Vow Renewal/At-Home Reception for once of FI's co-workers and his new wife.

Saturday morning we have a meeting with our photographer to book our E-pics (sometime in October). We decided to have them taken on and around the Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO and in Central Park. On the way home, we'll stop at our venue to make another payment (one of mannnnyyy, of course!). I'm planning to look at linens and chairs while we are there and confirm that we can use candles in our centerpieces. Later, I'm meeting up with a long-time friend of mine to ask her to be a bridesmaid. She's been traveling all summer and I haven't seen her to ask in person (I'm a bit of a hopeless bride, I suppose!).

Sunday, we'll be shopping around for centerpiece ideas and plan to scoop up a few things to bring home and do mock-ups (I'll post pics, of course!). We also need to get into Macy's to register for some Fiestaware - our everyday dishes - and bedding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails