12.07.2009

showered...

Saturday was my baby shower. It was a beautiful party with so many wonderful and generous family and friends. Baby Boom is already very loved and anticipated by so many people and we are so fortunate! I'll post a couple of pics when I have a chance to pull them off my card.

My husband pulled off a huge surprise by having my sister hand me one final gift from him at the end of the day (encompassing the shower, my birthday, Christmas, push present and 1st anniversary gift in one!). So, until our son makes his appearance I have a stand-in, brand new baby...

The Canon 50D with the 50 mm f/1.4 lens. Straight out of the box, with not a single inkling of what to do with a Canon, I got a few shots that I already love in very low indoor light. Power combo! Completely. blown. away.Plus this Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8. Supposed to be fast, sharp and fabulous. I'm trying hard to wait to really use anything until my UV filters arrive in the mail (fingers crossed for tomorrow) and the glass is well-protected. Then, I'll be unleashed...as far as my swollen, waddling body will allow :-)

And new gear begs for new storage, right? I haven't been happy with my current camera bag for a long time. It served a purpose but, I never quite felt safe walking around (in NYC especially) with an obvious camera bag and specifically one that was a backpack and could have easily been unzipped and emptied, quite literally, behind my back. I've browsed here and there in the past couple of years for a bag that looked far more unassuming, offered great organization and protection and would easily hold the camera one or more lenses plus my personal things (wallet, keys, phone, sunglasses, etc.). Last night, I stumbled across the JoTotes site and this olive number sung to me. The reviews I've found are good, it fits all of my criteria and is far less expensive than most of the other bags on the market. I slept on it and this morning made my decision. Hopefully, it's already on it's way to me.

Baby Boom is sure to be one of the most photographed babies around, no?

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Congratulations Jen!! Wow, you are a lucky lady :) Enjoy practicing until the baby comes and then you'll have the best photographed baby out there

aurie said...

we had a wonderful time :) love , love LOVE the bag!! enjoy using your new toy!

The Kloeppings said...

stumbled on to your blog via the bump...LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag! Wonder if I can talk DH into it....new bag, new lights, new baby...i dont know:) Enjoy practicing on your new little guy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails