2.05.2010

a different kind of scrapbooking tool...

I've been scrapbooking for 14 years now and it's all been about paper, adhesives and embellishments. Without all of the tactile elements, scrapbooking just doesn't hold the same appeal or charm for me. I respect that some people have made the move to digital scrapping but, it's just not for me. Except...

Being a new mom comes with a lot of information and a lot less time and sleep. There are so many more little moments to record and, suddenly, a distinct lack of paper on hand or the freedom to jump up and jot down a memory. So what to do? I realized that I am actually capturing bits of information each day - on Facebook and Twitter. My iPhone is always close at hand and status updates are an easy way to communicate. But, beyond a thread to the outside world in this NY winter, the updates also record glimpses into my days and what's happening with George.

Enter Momento. I stumbled across this app and figured, well, why not? I loaded it up and was instantly impressed. It pulled together all of my status updates from both social networking sites in a neat little calendar format in just a moment. Bingo! Journaling snippets at the touch of a screen, right in the palm of my hand. No more need to figure out how I'm going to journal my Project Life backlog. I've got it covered.

Sometimes technology is a very good thing...

3 comments:

Mom said...

cool...now you won't miss a thing!

Monica and the team said...

wow , that sounds awesome! No i- phone yet but i am thinking about the pixie pilot:D i will have to check for it ! hope you get some scrappy time someday soon !

Anonymous said...

ooh, that sounds awesome! wish they'd make something like that for the blackberry!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails