2.22.2010

playing catch up (photos included)...

At about 6 weeks, G started smiling at us here and there. Now, at nearly 2 months he is smiling every day and directly in response to our silliness, looking at the ceiling fans or simply seeing us first thing in the morning. It's one of the most gratifying parts of parenthood right now. G was gracious enough to (finally) allow me to capture a full on cheek dimpled smile last week. *melt*
Long before having children was ever a reality for me, I knew that I would do everything I could to breastfeed my children. I feel that it is one of the very best things that I can do for George in his early life and have been very blessed that my body has worked with me in this plan and that I have an easy time feeding him. But, after eight weeks of exclusive breastfeeding it was time to start pumping, get him used to once daily bottle and allow Mr. Boom to have a chance to feed G. Yesterday was the first bottle feed - such a sweet moment between father and son:
Since his homecoming, G has slept nights in our room in a moses basket next to my side of the bed. As new parents, co-sleeping has worked out beautifully but, G is rapidly growing and will soon be to long for his first little bed and will be ready for the crib. So, today, he made his first transition - a crib nap. With the help of his rainforest soother, G napped for 45 minutes in his very own room with Yia-Yia's blanket tucked securely around him.

Nearly two months in, I am happier than ever. Becoming a mom is far better, harder and more rewarding than I could have imagined.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen - great post...loved all the pictures, and especially your way with words!

Unknown said...

love the photo of e with g - so sweet! i agree totally with your last line - parenthood is the most demanding, yet rewarding thing i've done! i am so grateful each day for my girls!

Kristi said...

Love the last photo with you....you look beautiful as a mama!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails