12.03.2010

reverb10: day 3

REVERB10 : Prompt 3 : Moment

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Ali Edwards)

Put this year down to one moment in a year where there have been countless moments that have taken my breath away? Nearly impossible. To many to choose. But, there is this one.

George's first laugh.

I could not tell you the actual date off the top of my head but, I remember it vividly. He was sitting in his bouncy seat and I was doing whatever crazy faces and things I could come up with to get him to smile. Just looking for another sweet smile. And then, there it was. He giggled.

This sweet, delicious belly laugh that had me laughing along with him and streaming tears in the same moment. This sweet little boy of mine, wearing that awful hip harness underneath yet another cotton gown. The house was hardly clean, I likely had not yet showered and we were still trying to figure out some type of schedule. But, in an instant none of that mattered.

Life was (is) perfectly imperfect and it is truly all about the moments that take our breath away.

2 comments:

nfaband said...

Aww Jen, your journaling here is perfect, and that sweet photo of your gorgeous little guy couldn't be better. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today.

Open and Shut Case said...

aw!!! such a gorgeous face!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails