4.12.2011

project life: {almost} caught up...

Since sharing my plan and process for this year's Project Life album several weeks back, I have been hard at work putting it together and doing my best to keep up to date.  A few hours during several week nights has me caught up through April 3rd, with the photos for last week edited and uploaded to a Shutterfly album waiting to be printed. 

I resolved to DO this and do it right.

My plan for uploading photos into weekly albums has worked even better than I imagined.  Now, rather than scrolling through hundreds of photos in my monthly Picasa albums to find the right dates, I am instead uploading photos to Shutterfly as they are edited, in the proper weekly album.  When I want to order prints, I simply go into the weekly album select "all" and order.  Simple. Workable. Done.

Okay, so what does the album (Turquoise Edition) look like?  Here is my opening page along with a few of this years' weekly spreads.  Remember, I started this year on Valentine's Day, when I had the best notes.
Week 7: February 14 - 20

Week 8: February 21 - 27

Week 9: February 28 - March 6

Click on any of the photos for a larger view.  I've tried to include bits of our daily life in the album, beyond photos and journaling, such as receipts, greeting and business cards, menus, etc.  I have several page protectors in the bag that hold the album so, when I have a piece of ephemera I'd like to include, it gets safely filed in a page protector until I'm ready to assemble that week. 

Thursday, I'll post a bit more about my process and share photos of weeks 10-12 which also include inserts for busier weeks.

Are you doing Project Life?  How is it going? Link me up :)

4 comments:

Katy said...

I followed you over here from the BPS Project Life Community - - I love your album! Lots of pictures and the daily bits of life...really inspiring me on how to lay out all those pieces in the different weekly layouts. Love your simple, nice style!

Unknown said...

Great job Jen!! I went to Amazon to add it to my cart, and then I chickened out. I keep waffling. Ugh.

Love the way yours is comng out!

Kristi said...

Looks like a wonderful project and I especially like the template. Smart idea about uploading pics this way.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails