8.05.2011

the destruction of a fruit pop...

Introducing homemade frozen fruit pops to G's snack selection this summer was simultaneously a very good and very bad idea.

Good idea:
- helps beat the heat
- healthy
- actually gets him to sit for more than 5 minutes
- he loves them

Bad idea:
- he wants a "pop" all. the. time.
- right after his morning milk, he takes my hand, pulls me over to the freezer and asks, "Pop?" To which I answer, "Not right now George." Insert crying toddler.
- minutes after finishing breakfast, he takes my hand, pulls me over to the freezer and asks, "Pop?" To which I answer, "Not right now George." Insert crying toddler.
- upon waking from a nap, he takes my hand, pulls me over to the freezer and asks, "Pop?" To which I answer, "Not right now George." Insert crying toddler.

You get the point, right?  I think he would eat a dozen pops a day if allowed.  Luckily, every day, he does get one (and sometimes a second) pop and I get to be the "Yes!" mom.  For that, I am handsomely rewarded with seeing this:

And, yes, I have moved on to less stain-er-iffic fruit combinations after the first very colorful batch.  It's a journey and an adventure...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! When Sophie was sick we bought a box of ice pops and Bella now says "POP!!!" over and over. If she's not allowed she cries {oh my goodness the tears!!} but when it's treat time she is SO excited and would 3 if we let her!

This is such a fun age!

Jennifer said...

Too cute. I was actually picturing all that happening! He looks so excited to finally receive a YES!

Murphy's Law said...

LOL!! adorable!!! love the pix!

nfaband said...

Ah the memories of those yummy pops that he'll have as he grows up, knowing his mom cared enough to make him and treat him with the very best. Yum ...

Lesle Alvarado said...

LOL He's addicted to their goodness!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails