8.18.2013

recipe: peanut butter cake mix cookies

I pin many things and often in short, furious spurts. Unfortunately, much of the time, my 88 boards serve only as virtual eye candy. Earlier this week though, I pinned a cookie recipe and asked my son if he would like to help me make them soon. "Yes, Mommy! I want to help you bake cookies." Today, we did just that! We had the short list of ingredients on hand and turned it into a fun little morning project while little brother napped.

Ready for how easy this one is? Gather these four ingredients. We also added chocolate chips, per G's request, but they aren't necessary.
Add all of the ingredients to the mixer bowl (or a large bowl, using a hand mixer) and mix on low until incorporated. Then, drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets (G used a cookie scoop).
Flatten each cookie, gently, with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until just slightly golden brown on the edges.

The result is a slightly soft, slightly crumbly cookie that is packed with peanut butter flavor. Give them a try!

Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
Yields approx. 3 dozen
 
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
2 large eggs

Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (check at 9 or 10 minutes to prevent over-browning).

2 comments:

Derby_Newbie said...

awesome recipe! and I love the new layout!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails