11.22.2013

project life: week 39 and citrus twist november kits...

Happy Friday everyone! I am sharing Week 39 in my yearly album today. It was a week packed with activities, stories, aqua and pink. I had so much fun playing with the November PL and PL Embellishment kits!

My left page focused on things happening at home: a note about my boys being morning people, my new ironing routine for my oldest son's school uniforms, play time, collecting baby girl clothing and a note about stray socks.


The right side was about what happened outside: visits to a local nature center (aren't the floral and butterfly patterns perfect for these outdoor photos?), my 20 week anatomy scan, family breakfast at a favorite diner and a sweet quote from my oldest about his baby sister-to-be.


I absolutely loved this frame pattern in the Polka Dot Party collection and wanted to maximize its impact by using it for my weekly date card. I simply used my craft knife to cut out the inside of several of the frames and added other snips of patterns from the 6x6 pad and a glassine pocket of sequins to the back. Then, layered the kit washi tape on a few other openings, stamped my dates on a label and tucked that partially inside another frame. The finish was the 39 using the fun, glittery Thickers from the PL Embellishment kit.

The 1/2/3 exclusive wood veneers were a super fun inclusion and I wanted to make them stand out. This week, as I was writing out the conversation between my husband and son I knew the three would be a perfect accent to highlight G's age (journaling card is a printable freebie from my stash). I colored the number with a pink Sharpie pen and then added the coordinating hot pink butterfly paper to the top of the card.


And a few other close ups on favorite cards...



2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Your spreads are always the coolest!!! I just LOVE your PL style.... every week!

Sam said...

love your new blog layout! cute colors! and we use the same papers as title card =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails